Existing Data Unions
The Data Union ecosystem
There are currently six Data Unions that leverage the Data Union framework. Three of which collectively raised $30m in funding. Those are Swash, DIMO, and Unbanx.
- launched in 2019 as the world's first Data Union
- raised over $19m in funding
- distributed over 1m of SWASH tokens to their members
- crowdsourced over 100m data points via Streamr Network
- issued over 300k transactions via Gnosis Chain
- raised $9m in seed funding
Other Data Unions that use the Data Union framework are Re-Public, MAT, and Data Hive.
- Data Hive secured some funding and is in the early stage of building out its proof of concept.
Data Unions may differ from each other based on their membership model, use cases, revenue structure, or governance, but they also share some common components: a group of members contributing their data, an entity providing the application layer to manage the data, and a discovery mechanism, or marketplace for the data.